The Little Drummer Boy
Peppermint Kandy Kids
Peter Pan Records
- The Little Drummer Boy (02:51)
- Medley: Joy to the World/The First Noel/Come All Ye Faithful (02:22)
- Do You Hear What I Hear (03:01)
- I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day (02:06)
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (02:41)
- Old Toy Trains (02:55)
- Medley: Good King Wenceslas/Deck the Halls (03:45)
- The Wassail Song (01:55)
- The Twelve Days of Christmas (03:46)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas (02:00)
- The Christmas Feeling (02:44)
- Where Is Christmas (02:34)
From the King:
Let’s return to some of the great budget kiddie records of 1960s and 1970s.
The Christmas music catalog is full of releases from The Peppermint Kandy Kids, The Caroleer Singers, etc. who created a real niche in the Christmas music market. When I first began this site (way back in 2004!), these were the records that people most wanted to find in digital form. Albums on Ebay were going for exorbitant prices. These albums had a huge following of people yearning to relive this nostalgic music of their youth.
I soon figured out why these were so popular. A family looking to buy Christmas music could either pay
This album is a good example. What you have here are two separate downloads of this album. They have the same cover (with some minor difference) and the same catalog number. But they don’t have the same music. One consists entirely of faux kid chorus (adults singing to sound like kids) singing along with a small combo of organ, chimes, drum, and bass. The second has half of these songs and the others come from other budget releases by The Caroleers, Johnny Cole, etc. Peter Pan Records was notorious for this. I’m giving you both of these. (On this second one, there’s a skip on The First Noel which I couldn’t clean up. So I threw in a recording of this track from a different album but included the skipping track for archival purposes.)
Alternate version track listing (**Repurposed Tracks):
- The Little Drummer Boy (02:50)
- T’was the Night Before Christmas (02:14)**
- Where Is Christmas (02:36)
- The Twelve Days of Christmas (04:30)**
- Deck the Halls (01:57)**
- The First Noel (01:56)**
- The Wassail Song (01:17)**
- Do You Hear What I Hear (03:06)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day (02:48)**
- Come All Ye Faithful (01:38)**
- Joy to the World (01:23)**
- The Christmas Feeling (02:47)
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (02:06)**
- Good King Wenceslas (01:55)**
- Old Toy Trains (02:58)
I do have to note that the song included here, Old Toy Trains, is not the tune made popular by Roger Miller, but a tune that changes the words of Jingle Bells to be about toy trains.
The music here is nothing outstanding, in my opinion, but if you were one of the kids who listened to this repeatedly in your youth this will be
UPDATE: Both downloads went to the same link until Sun. 12/2/2018. Sorry.
UPDATE UPDATE: It looks like one of the songs in the alternate version has been flagged for copyright by MediaFire. The song is available elsewhere for download purchase under the name “Rod Goodwin”. So the alternate version cannot be downloaded.