FaLaLaLaLa 2012 ADVENTure in Carols
Dec. 14 – The Four Lads – Christmas Spirit (1956)
This is taken from the soundtrack to a Christmas special entitled “The Stingiest Man in Town” which was broadcast as part of the NBC series, The Alcoa Hour. There are songs performed by Vic Damone, Johnny Desmond, Basil Rathbone (as Scrooge), and The Four Lads (who are credited with this track on the album, though it sounds more like it’s performed by the chorus).
It’s a great collection of songs and the special, which for years was presumed lost, was discovered and released on DVD in 2011.
Here’s the track listing so far (links are to purchase MP3 at Amazon):
- Deck The Halls – The Music City Brass
- Christmas Candy – Margaret Whiting and Jimmy Wakely
- Ebenezer Scrooge – Teresa Brewer
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – John Klein
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside – Joanie Sommers
- Frosty the Snowman – Esquivel and His Orchestra
- The Christmas Song – Judy Garland and Mel Torme
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – The Hollyridge Strings
- Mister Santa – Dorothy Collins
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town – The Three Suns
- Sleigh Ride – Ira Ironstrings
- Twelve Days of Christmas – Kenny Burrell
- Winter Wonderland – Johnny Tillotson
- Christmas Spririt – The Four Lads
Here’s the link to the whole mix: FaLaLaLaLa 2012 ADVENTure in Carols
Check back each day between now and Christmas for a new song. And subscribe to the playlist on Spotify for updates as well.