Okay, I could tell you a lot about Nina and Frederik, but I’ll tell you two things that provide some odd context to this track.
- Nina (Baroness van Pallandt) sang “Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown” in the James Bond film, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
- Frederik (Baron van Pallandt) was involved in drug trafficking and was shot and killed in a dispute.
Those all came after this 1961 single from this Danish folk duo (who also recorded with Louis Armstrong). They have quite a few Christmas tracks floating around, some traditional carols and modern classics, as well as some in Dutch and French.
Here’s the track list of the 2013 ADVENTUre in Carols (with links to Amazon MP3 purchase):
- Deck the Halls – Terry Baxter and His Orchestra
- Christmas Time is Here – Martha Carson
- Snowy White Snow/I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Craig Douglas
- Christmas Dream – Perry Como
- The Christmas Song – The Hollyridge Strings
- (Let’s Give) A Christmas Present to Santa Claus – Rosemary Clooney
- Winter Wonderland – Bobby Timmons
- Jingle Bells – Sandler & Young
- And The Bells Rang – The Golddiggers
- Christmas Can’t Be Far Away – Nick Lowe
- Christmas Time in London Town – Nina and Frederik
Subscribe to the playlist and/or come back tomorrow for more new music.