Christmas means many things to many people. For some it is deeply religious. For others it’s a time for raucous celebration. Others revel in moments of contemplation and hope.
For me, it’s a time to take pause as the days reach their briefest and the chilly nights extend themselves. In those times it makes sense to take stock of where and who we are and yet hope to be. It’s a time to sit around the fire (both real and virtual), sharing stories that reflect all of our dreams and memories. And the music provides the soundtrack (and a fair number of the stories).
May this little collection accompany your moments of wishing and remembering
This collection would not exist if it weren’t for my cadre of crazy Christmas loving friends: Ernie (Not Bert), Music You (Possibly) Won’t Hear Anywhere Else, Left and to the Back, Junk Shop Juke Box, Big 10-inch Record, Lord of the Boot Sale, Madrotter Treasure Hunt, Holly Jolly X’masu, Merry and Bright, Hi-Fi Holiday, Christmas A Go Go, Bootleg Xmas, Mistletunes, Hip Christmas, Christmas Underground, Andy Cirzan, Rob Martinez, Mitchel Kezin, Laurie Gilbert, and the regulars of the FaLaLaLaLa Fireside. (Check the links list on the right side of the FaLaLaLaLa home page.)
And especially Stubby, who is truly the king of Christmas music!
May your days (and nights) be ever merry and ever bright!
Music compiled, mastered, and packaged by The King of Jingaling for FaLaLaLaLa.com.
With much love and appreciation to Josie, Salem, and Eleanor.
- Bonnie Guitar – Deck The Halls (01:52)
- Mars – Don’t Wake Me Up (For Christmas) (03:02)
- The Big Ben Banjo Band – Christmas Medley One (02:28)
- Tiger Tim – Merry Christmas Mr. Christmas (03:14)
- Emy Jackson – Blue Christmas (02:10)
- The Mike Sammes Singers – The 25th Of The 12th (02:56)
- Jud Strunk – The Santa Song (02:31)
- Robert Merrill & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra – Winter Wonderland (02:55)
- The Singers – That’s What Christmas Is (01:37)
- Eddie Peregrina – You’re All I Want For Christmas (03:12)
- The Musicmakers – Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (01:45)
- Kathy Young – Merry Merry Christmas Baby (02:13)
- Ross Bagdasarian – Lets Have A Merry Merry Christmas…Ross Bagdasarian (01:58)
- Dave Lambert Singers (featuring Nellie, the Syncopated-Gaited Horse) – Jingle Bells (02:34)
- Lawrence Welk – ’twas The Night Before Christmas (01:54)
- The Harry Simeone Chorale – The Christmas Polka (02:42)
- The London Sound 70 Orchestra and Chorus – Twelve Days Of Christmas (02:55)
- Pepi Adorno And His Orchestra – Santa Baby Mambo (02:51)
- Jack Owens, Sammy Cowling, Eddie Ballantine And His Orchestra – The Mistletoe Song (02:49)
- Ebenezer Moog – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (03:26)
- Martha Carson With Chorus And Instrumental Accompaniment – Christmas Time Is Here (02:09)
- Mae Questel (The Betty Boop Girl) – I Want You For Christmas (02:49)
- The Golddiggers – We Need A Little Christmas (01:45)
- Blue Barron and his Orchestra;Roberts;Piller;Betty Clark;Bobby Beers;Blue Notes – Jolly Jolly Jingle (02:45)
- Edmundo Ross – Jingle Bell Calypso (02:42)
- Kenny Roberts – Grandfather Kringle (02:43)
- Bill “The Candy Man” Kehr – Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (02:22)
- Fenwick Original Soundtrack – What A Land Santa Land! (01:18)
- Mike Sammes Singers – Ding Dong Merrily On High (03:52)