Notice: ob_end_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete in /home/brossmac/falalalala.com/fireside/index.php on line 95
Milton Page Plays The Pipe Organ for Christmas

FaLaLaLaLa Fireside

Author Topic: Milton Page Plays The Pipe Organ for Christmas  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Inkydog

• Elf, Second Class
Milton Page Plays The Pipe Organ for Christmas
« on: December 09, 2006, 08:56:47 PM »
Just how many pipe organ albums are there?  Well, here's one more - from the fine folks at Diplomat Records:  Milton Page Plays The Pipe Organ For Christmas.  I wonder if he cracked a smile at all while he was recording this.  Listen and you'll see what I mean.

http://rapidshare.com/files/6793122/Milton_Page_Plays_Pipe_Organ.zip.html

Offline Ernie

• Santos L. Halper
  • Santa's Little Helper
  • What happens when I type here?
    • Ernie (Not Bert)
Re: Milton Page Plays The Pipe Organ for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »
I've had this in the pile of possible stuff to record for a while now.  Thanks for saving me the trouble.  Which cover do you have?  (I haven't finished the download yet...)  I think I've found at least three different ones, each more interesting than the last...
e

When on the World Wide Web, visit Ernie (Not Bert)

Offline CaptainOT

• JBRX
  • Santa's Little Helper
  • Proud FaLaLaLaLa member since 2004
    • A Christmas Yuleblog
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 10:43:26 PM »
This is in all likelihood my 20th Christmas organ album this year alone.  Thanks Inkydog!

Capt
"Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind... and that's what's been changing. That's why I'm glad I'm here, maybe I can do something about it." - Kris Kringle from "Miracle On 34th Street"  (1947)

Offline Inkydog

• Elf, Second Class
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:56:24 PM »
Ernie,

This has the classic old Diplomat cover.  Solid medium blue background, white embossed ornament with snowcovered lamp post photo in the center.  The same embossing die was used for two other Diplomat covers that I know, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer by the Caroleers and Night Before Christmas by Johnny Kay and Al Goodman.

Offline Ernie

• Santos L. Halper
  • Santa's Little Helper
  • What happens when I type here?
    • Ernie (Not Bert)
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 11:07:48 PM »
I'd forgotten about that one...  Lemme see what I've got here.  Oh, there's the one you mentioned.  They got a lot of mileage out of that die, didn't they?  But it's a nice touch, I think.  What else...

Christmas On The Big Pipe Organ-Spin-O-Rama.  Milton standing there holding the organ pipes.
Milton Page Plays Pipe Organ For Christmas-Pirouette.  Ornate drawing of a _big_ pipe organ, gold foil background.
Same as above, but plain yellow instead of gold foil.
Same title, but on Diplomat, but cover is a drawing of a wreath over a pictures of organ pipes.

What is that, five different covers?  And they all look to have the same tracklist.  Two of them claim stereo, though.  How many times can you possibly re-release this stuff?
e

When on the World Wide Web, visit Ernie (Not Bert)

Offline Inkydog

• Elf, Second Class
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 12:49:46 AM »
Ernie,

I don't know what is more amazing - that they released five different versions of this, or that you have them all!

Offline FL4:winxs1

• Elf-in-Training
  • Falalalala...lalalala!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 02:56:24 AM »
I was cleaning out a closet in my parents house and found a bunch of old Christmas LPs.  One of them is Milton Page On the Big Pipe Organ for Christmas.  The playlist is the same as what is on the albums mentioned above.  This LP is from Parade Records XSP-406.  The album cover has a bespectacled Milton Page on the right side in front of a white background. The playlist is printed above his head.  On the left side are 8 rainbow shaded pipes (cyan, blue, magenta, red, orange, yellow, greenish yellow). "Big Pipe Organ" is in Green with white outline.

:new_year:

Copyright © FaLaLaLaLa Fireside